Boards No Contact Rule 17 days NC

To post a reply login or register

Viewing 15 posts - 406 through 420 (of 788 total)
  • Author
    Palmtrees22
    Participant
    • Total Posts: 157

Lin,

I think it’s important to keep in mind that this is a process with both ups and downs. Feeling low doesn’t mean you’re going backwards, it just happens to be the way you’ve been feeling lately. You may recover quickly and come further than you had before. Based on the advice you give, you seem to know a lot about the importance of being compassionate toward yourself. It’s ok to feel down and it won’t last. Who knows where he’s at, he may just be taking longer to come around.. Heck, he may take too long and you’ll find a wonderful new guy in the mean time; but you’re still a fantastic person and he will and probably does miss you.

lin91
    Participant
    • Total Posts: 120

Yes that’s true Mister Handy, I have to keep in mind how much he’s trying to avoid having me in his thoughts.

Thank you Palmtrees, that helped a lot πŸ™‚

That’s exactly the mindset I want to have, and to be honest I do have it sometimes. Just the last couple of days have been hard. But I think you’re right that I’ll come out the other side even further.

I think we’re all going through the ups and the downs!

amy111
    Participant
    • Total Posts: 425

I totally agree! I’m going through a bit of a down-woke up to a snapchat story of my ex with another girl smiling at the camera-talk about rubbing it in! I refused to look at it, so I blocked him πŸ™ back to feeling super crappy again πŸ™

FishingTheSky
    Participant
    • Total Posts: 176

We’re all going to be emotionally unstable during this phase, even the toughest ones are, because the situation itself is not stable.
    We are just figuring out what and how to improve ourselves to feel better. Plus the uncertainty of not knowing if we will be able to be together again with our ex surely makes it more difficult. But everything will be clearer soon.
    I have a saying that inspires me now: “It’s only when the night is darkest that you can see the light of the stars“.

Palmtrees22
    Participant
    • Total Posts: 157

Ugh Amy, I’m sorry, that’s the worst. If it makes you feel any better, there was a point at which I saw my ex driving some girl home while we were broken up the last time. It was someone who didn’t mean anything and I think spending time (ok, a night) with someone he wasn’t really into sped up his desire to come back to me.

Unfortunately, I never really got over it and it definitely affected our reconciliation and is probably still affecting me now. One thing I think we often forget to consider is having them back, it’s not the same because you still feel a little betrayed and the more bad acts they do during the break, the more betrayed you feel.

In any case- rebounds backfire and don’t mean much or anything at all so try to learn from my mistake and don’t let it get to you.

I feel SO much better now that we aren’t trying to work things out. Still lonely and I wish things had worked out, but I’m also very relieved. As we said–ups and downs!

catherine8
    Participant
    • Total Posts: 132

So I’m about to wish my ex happy birthday, but I don’t know why I’m just really scared to. It just feels really weird that I’m going to after not talking for almost 3 months. I will keep you all updated if anything happens.

catherine8
    Participant

I’m also really sorry to hear about that Amy. Just like Palmtrees said rebounds usually never work out. He will be trying to find you in her and realize that she isn’t you.

catherine8
    Participant

So he texted back and said “Who’s this”. Should I even bother texting back and saying it’s me or not respond at all?

catherine8
    Participant

I’m so sorry I keep sending threads that aren’t together, I’m kind of just freaking out. I feel that if I text him tomorrow it wouldn’t even matter anymore. But do you think he might ask a friend who’s number that is and they would have it? I’m just over thinking everything. I really wish I didn’t send the message at all now.

Kodak
    Participant
    • Total Posts: 11

catherine8, I couldn’t read the whole thread, and I haven’t been participating in this thread so I may not know the whole story. But, I think the most sensible thing to do is to tell him who it is and leave it at that? and if he wishes to start a conversation then continue.

FishingTheSky
    Participant
    • Total Posts: 176

catherine8 don’t freak out. Yes obviously he deleted your number months ago and doesn’t remember it. Once I sent a text to a friend of mine I hadn’t talked to for a while and he asked me who I was. I myself have problems with remembering phone numbers, I don’t even remember my ex’s one. Just tell him who you are, see if he texts you again.

amy111
    Participant

That’s very true-I find it SO inconsiderate that he would do that though,
    It’s like a complete “I’m absolutely fine without you look I’ve got”, and I find it really, really Hurtful, especially as he never ever put snaps up with me when we were together (if I ever see him again I’m so going to mention that haha) glad I’ve blocked him on it now properly.

Catherine8, I reckon text and say who you are. If he finds out it was you, and that you just left it,
    He might think oh she doesn’t give 2 hoots anyway if she didn’t even want to let me know it was her-up to you completely though πŸ™‚

I don’t know whether to message mine-before the picture was put on snapchat of him and this other girl, I was going to send a simple happy birthday ?, or was even debating sending a Zak efron joke meme saying happy birthday (was a private joke between us ?) now not sure what to send or if to send anything πŸ™

lin91
    Participant
    • Total Posts: 120

I’m really glad we have this forum. I think it has helped so much with the process and I always feel so much better getting your guys’ opinions! It also helps to give advice too I think, because it gives you a different perspective. So thanks for being there everyone πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ Ups and downs!

Catherine, that sucks. Try not to freak out though! I really doubt it was deliberate, and if it was, he’s a nasty piece of work! I’m always losing numbers so I wouldn’t worry about it, he probably just didn’t re-save your number because you haven’t been in contact for a while. Did you end up responding? I think either way is fine. He will probably have ways of working it out too… so he’ll find out it was you regardless of whether you respond. Let us know what you chose to do.

Amy, that’s not nice of him at all. Was it a snapchat story or was it directly to you? It’s quite insensitive either way but if it was direct to you that’s just plain cruel. You’re not on bad terms so I wonder how he would respond if you didn’t send him birthday wishes? It might just look a little petty. But then again, it might look like you’re too busy to remember! He said he wanted no contact, so maybe you should go full on and just not send him anything on his birthday. He will definitely wonder why. Also if he gets mad about it, that’s his problem.

amy111
    Participant

Yes @catherine8 let us know what happens next! I agree with lin91 people so easily lose numbers etc-so don’t take it too personally that he said that, well done for being the bigger person πŸ™‚

Lin91 it was a story πŸ™ I put one up of my friend and I (mainly because I thought I looked quite nice in it and he usually looks at them ??) but his friend that he’s travelling with looked at it, he didn’t, and then he put one up of him and this other girl. I was so hurt by it-but I thought you know what, I’m not going to stoop to his level and smapchat me with a boy back-I’m just going to block-so I’m glad I did. What an absolute poo though!

That’s what I thought-he knows I won’t have forgotten, as we’ve been friends for 6 ish years…maybe I will just say happy birthday and leave it at that, as he might realise I’ve blocked him on smapchat as well and think I’m being petty…ah! Boys πŸ™

catherine8
    Participant

So hr never responded but I had a follower request on my Instagram. When I woke up it was there but when I clicked refresh it disappeared. In his profile picture was of him and another girl.

Viewing 15 posts - 406 through 420 (of 788 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.