Boards No Contact Rule 17 days NC

To post a reply login or register

Viewing 15 posts - 391 through 405 (of 788 total)
  • Author
    catherine8
    Participant
    • Total Posts: 132

My friends are also telling me that I shouldn’t say happy birthday to himbecause, they also think he isn’t going to say anything to me and it will just upset me to be rejected again.

patricia12
    Participant
    • Total Posts: 2868

Hi Catherine, I agree with Drygioni and FishingTheSky about sending a birthday wish. It’s not like he was some light acquaintance. You were together 8 1/2 months. If he doesn’t reply, try not to be upset. You wouldn’t be wishing him a happy birthday just to get a response, you would be doing it because you know it’s his special day and it’s the kind and respectful thing to do..

Palmtrees22
    Participant
    • Total Posts: 157

I think the real question is, will it hurt you if he doesn’t reply? If the answer is yes, don’t text him. If the answer is no, go ahead. For the time being you are not a couple so you need to put your self care first.

catherine8
    Participant

I really don’t know, because I don’t expect a text back at all but I still think it would hurt me. I’m just really going to avoid social media tomorrow so I don’t see it pop up. I’m really leaning towards not texting him, even though it’s nice, just to protect my feelings.

amy111
    Participant
    • Total Posts: 425

Catherine8, I think you have nothing to lose. If he does reply then cool. If he doesn’t, so what? You’ve shown that you are the kinder, thoughtful person who isn’t keeping any grudges. If you do do it, make sure it’s very straightforward-no “hope your wells!” Or anything, simply “happy birthday :)” or ” happy birthday ?” no kisses! I too am debating sending one to my ex-4 years of saying it, it feels so wrong not too πŸ™

lin91
    Participant
    • Total Posts: 120

Such a tricky one. It’s totally your call Catherine.

I feel as though you’re leaning towards not texting him, and that’s absolutely fine. He is probably expecting one from you, and if you don’t send one it may leave him wondering why. I agree that sending one makes you the bigger and nicer person, but I doubt it will have any positive impact on him. He will probably just expect it and not respond and forget about it.

I think if I was in your shoes, and I was in the same place as you, I probably wouldn’t send one until I was ready for contact completely.

Palmtrees22
    Participant

Amy,

How are you feeling? Are you still on no contact?
    Have there been any updates since your friend sent you those snaps?

Lin,

Great advice as usual. What are the updates on your end?

amy111
    Participant
    • Total Posts: 425

I agree with lin91-it’s totally your call. It’s hard because we’re all in the same boat! Do whatever you think is right πŸ™‚ I know I want to message mine on his birthday, but the other part of me is torn between wanting him to wonder why I haven’t :/

Palmtrees22 nothing from my end so far-no more snaps from the friend, nothing. His sister is being a bit off with me too… Who knows πŸ™ I have had time to reflect though and although it’s super painful now, I do think it was for the best-I’m realising that I need time to regain my self confidence back that I lost in the relationship, and realised that I lost it because he wasn’t a great boyfriend to me-distance is a great tool at times! I am hoping though that because I’ve seen the negative, he might see how nice I was to him and what a poo he was to me haha…so we’ll see! But yes, still in NC. His birthday is next Saturday and I don’t know whether to message mine ether πŸ™
    How are things your end?

Palmtrees22
    Participant

I am so glad to hear that! I hope to be in the same place some day soon. I just started no contact again. I am really hoping that I will move on this time. I get way too carried away when we start back up again and my expectations get in the way and I am totally unable to enjoy the reality… I’m not sure that will ever change. Although maybe if I make my goal 90 days instead of 30 I will be better off.

lin91
    Participant

Nothing to report my end. To be honest I’ve been feeling a little low over the past couple of days and I’m not entirely sure why. It feels like a backwards step because I’m not doing so well at pushing him out of my mind. I think it might be something to do with him not saying happy birthday to me, which sounds ridiculous but a part of my thought he would say something. I guess it makes it feel even more like he is doing fine, whereas I’m completely cut up still. I dunno, I’m hoping it will pass!

Amy he will definitely realise it. In fact he probably already has, and that’s why he’s distanced himself. You deserve someone who appreciates all of the good things about you, not someone who wants to run from them!

Palmtrees, I’m glad you’re starting no contact again. You could easily have gotten wrapped up in trying to get him back and ended up even more heartbroken, so well done for being strong.

FishingTheSky
    Participant
    • Total Posts: 176

Hey lin91,
    don’t feel beat up because your ex hasn’t sent the wishes. Your ex is not doing fine, at least not completely. I know it shouldn’t be a big deal, but in the end is a big deal isn’t? It’s our day. I am sure he has thought about it but preferred not to write because he is on his own mission right now: to forget about you and ignore everything that reminds him of you.
    My opinion is that, not sending birthday wishes at this stage shows actually that the person might still CARE, believe or not. They put effort in convincing themselves that they must not send anything because you don’t mean the same to them anymore, not to let you know they think of you. Wishing happy birthday to someone who supposedly doesn’t matter to you and has been part of your life, shouldn’t be such a problem then in the end if you are over him or her.

catherine8
    Participant

Thanks for all the advice everyone. I think I am going g to text him later this evening and just give him a simple happy birthday.

lin91
    Participant

FishingTheSky, I hadn’t thought about it that way! But that makes total sense, and I actually feel a little better thank you πŸ™‚

Okay Catherine as long as you feel okay with that! Good luck and I hope he responds. If he doesn’t, at least you know you’re the more thoughtful person and someone is going to love that about you!

FishingTheSky
    Participant
    • Total Posts: 176

No problem lin91,
    If I can contribute a little with helping someone in distress, I am very pleased to comply. I know how much hard all this is.

Good luck catherine8, I hope you are not going to regret your decision, just remain cool if he doesn’t answer, be true to yourself.

Mister Handy
    Participant
    • Total Posts: 69

Hey lin91,

Also I did not receive wishes too … To tell the truth do not know why expect to receive! We are no longer in a relationship and I think for our ex, it is difficult to send us wishes.

I agree with what the FishingTheSky said! They simply are trying hard not to have us in your thoughts now. And that means that somehow we are still there!

Be strong! It’s good to have all of you here to talk πŸ™‚

Viewing 15 posts - 391 through 405 (of 788 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.