Boards No Contact Rule 17 days NC

To post a reply login or register

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 788 total)
  • Author
    Palmtrees22
    Participant
    • Total Posts: 157

My birthday is Wednesday too! Really though, the only chance of him knowing are if he looks at his calendar… And it took him like a week to see I had written a happy birthday not to him on his birthday so my expectations are none. Do you want to hear from him? Like I said, I’m pretty sure I don’t but my ego says otherwise sometimes. Either way, it sounds like you’re doing really well. I feel like I’ve just realized I’ll probably think about him to some extent until I meet someone else, not sure if you’re on the same page but it kind of seems like it

catherine8
    Participant
    • Total Posts: 132

Yeah I’m feeling the same way. There is a 50/50 chance that he will actually say happy birthday but I really don’t know if i want him to. He hasn’t said a single to me ever since our break up and he even blocked me on social media, he is a very stubborn person and he really ignores everything people say to him. If someone were to tell him he made a dumb decision he would figure it out in like 2 months.

amy111
    Participant
    • Total Posts: 425

I reckon say happy birthday-but that’s it. No kisses, just a “happy birthday :)”. Don’t do it early in the morning-do it afternoon so that it doesn’t seem you’ve woken up and thought about him. I’m going to do it for my exes birthday-he is in Guatemala as part of his trip then, so I Am goi g to do a simple happy birthday.

I’m nervous about today πŸ™ I went onto snapcgat and the FIRST TIME EVER he put a snapchat story up of him and a friend we were meant to be seeing together yesterday. Made me laugh (and sad) as he hates smapchat and has never done that before πŸ™
    I’ve already got a little upset this morning thinking about seeing his sister πŸ™ am super nervous, but will see how it goes :/

amy111
    Participant

Just realised its YOUR GUYS birthdays not his!! Oops :p it will be interesting ….fingers crossed. But if they don’t just remember how stubborn they are!

Kiya92
    Participant
    • Total Posts: 50

You got this girl!!.shes a friend of yours so treat it as that!.good luck don’t be nervous πŸ™‚

lin91
    Participant
    • Total Posts: 120

Birthdays are tricky for sure. Mine is coming up in August too!

We’ll have to swap stories of whether our exes contact us or not.

Good luck with today Amy!

Palmtrees22
    Participant

Catherine,

I feel like we are dealing with the same person. It’s like you can’t have a direct conversation about anything you want because that is a “demand” and he doesn’t take demands. It’s a part of why I feel unsure about wanting him back… I’m not sure I’d ever really be happy with someone like that. Miss him? Yes, a ton, but that is all I am sure of. Either way, I hope you have a fantastic bday!

Amy,

You’ll be ok! Like you said, this girl is your friend, just don’t over ask or over share- you can do that.

Also, for my ex’s bday I wished him a happy 3-4… He was turning 33. It was a total accident but was kind of hilarious. He’s a little older than me and I think the thought of turning 34 freaked him out a little.

Soupy
    Participant
    • Total Posts: 73

Amy – good luck today. And as kiya said, she is a friend so treat her as such and try to souly focus on that(as best u can). And it will be fine.

Catherine/pAlmtree – hopefully the next week will help u prepare more for if u recieve/don’t recieve a msg. Either way it will get the mind going. My ex daughter has a birthday in a few days and my mind has been running with wether to send a happy birthday msg or not(to my ex of course and not directly to her daughter. Let her decide wether to tell her or not). Because We had a great relationship and still care about her.

Kiya- sounds a bit like the emotional high of venting has worn off and now some regret has possibly set in? I know how this can feel as I have done something similar in the past, more then once. How are u feeling?

amy111
    Participant

So I’ve just got back-needless to say u unfortunately burst into tears πŸ™ luckily she isn’t seeing him for 8 weeks either, but it was a huge insight πŸ™

She basically said he was really sad to do it, but he thought he wasn’t being a good boyfriend or was good enough for me. He said it isn’t about sleeping with other people, it’s that he thought he was holding me back from doing things because I was waiting for him to become More mature. He felt he couldn’t give me the time or attention I deserved with his new job, and didn’t want me to put in all the effort when he felt he wasn’t putting in the same amount πŸ™ she said he doesn’t want to talk to her about it, by she said she didn’t like seeing me not knowing or understanding as it was unfair on me and she knew that he was bad at communicating. He wants me to be in his life in the future, but I don’t know what that means. But she said it was nothing to do with me at all-which has eased my mind a little πŸ™

amy111
    Participant

I’m not sure what to think of that though-as last time he still said something different when we met up πŸ™ however I think o am just going to take this for the moment. His sister was very adamant that it was not me…when I was upset she was like Amy…honestly, look me in the eyes, I promise it wasn’t you. Your lovely and sexy and beautiful and kind and it literally was a “it’s not you its me” but he didn’t know how to say it

Palmtrees22
    Participant

Amy,

How do you feel about that? My initial reaction is, “that makes this so much harder.” When you can move on and be done it’s one thing but I don’t love the idea of an “open door” because if it were me (and you may be different) I would hold out hope. When we first broke up it was like that, and while we did get back together I was basically just waiting around for him to come back; I made few changes to myself and I DEFINITELY didn’t do a thorough evaluation of what differences I wanted to see on his end. Needless to say, it did not work out. In my mind, it’s better to act as if that is it for good and try to anticipate how the next chapter in your life will be better

amy111
    Participant

Yeah that’s what I’m thinking-I’m going to always be hoping, and I will try and get him back still, but I won’t wait for him. At least it wasn’t me πŸ™ but at the same time it was really horrible hearing it, especially that he also didn’t want to talk to me for a long time (he had mentioned it when we broke up but it was kind of worse hearing that he had told his sister that). She did say well done for not contacting him though which was good

amy111
    Participant

I don’t know whether that means he wants to get back together one day or not and just needs space at the moment or whether it’s a “that’s it forever” tbing-what do you guys think?

I’ve been pretty upset today if I’m honest πŸ™ came home and cried my eyes out to my mum haha

amy111
    Participant

(SORRY adding to this as well) – she said it was also something to do with the fact I was quite self conscious? which upset me a bit, as i would have thought if he thought that he would have tried to help me improve it πŸ™

Mister Handy
    Participant
    • Total Posts: 69

Hello guys,

The anniversary of my ex was 9th and I sent a happy birthday message. The problem was that she called me and I ended up breaking the NC.

My birthday is next week also day 3. I’m beginning to think that the person have a minimum of consideration for me, it sends a message … If I do not receive, it may be a sign of how I have to start move on πŸ™

Why is it so hard?

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 788 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.