Boards No Contact Rule 17 days NC

To post a reply login or register

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 788 total)
  • Author
    amy111
    Participant
    • Total Posts: 425

I’m not sure…tbh it’s mainly because I know there is a conference where he is going to be living next year on that weekend-it’s 5 months away so thought I’ll go as it’s useful for work and maybe (just maybe!) he might agree to meet up.

At the same time though what scares me is the fact he said he doesn’t want a serious relationship at our age-which is why I’m scared to get my hopes up incase history doesn’t repeat itself like last time and he doesn’t take me back πŸ™

Don’t give up though! I know it’s horrendous and hard-before I was with mine I waited a year and a half trying to get him, watching him have 2 different girlfriends before me broke my heart. But then we ended up together for 4 years! It’s a scary thought though.

I agree though-wait a while and see what happens!

amy111
    Participant

I’ve had a really bad day today πŸ™ things are finally sinking in that he’s away for 7 weeks, and its making me truly and utterly sad πŸ™ I’ve hidden everything of his on social media, but the thought of him away for that long and forgetting about me is truly truly heartbreaking and I don’t know how to get over it πŸ™

lin91
    Participant
    • Total Posts: 120

I’m sorry to hear that πŸ™

Are things really bad because it’s sinking in that he will be in a new environment for a long period of time without you? I guess it’s a natural reaction to think he will forget you, but I’m sure that won’t be true. You’ve been such a massive part of his life, he can’t just write you off because of a few weeks away.

It’s tough I know but also I think that if you’re patient enough, you’ll end up with him. If you don’t, then I honestly think he doesn’t deserve you and you’ll find someone twice as wonderful in no time.

But of course you want HIM right now and that’s no consolation. I bet he’ll realise that he misses you when he’s away, I really do

amy111
    Participant

Yeh πŸ™ I think him travelling and me not being a part of it makes me so upset :'( I keep thinking of everything that I am going to be missing out on, and it upsets me so much :'(

I think I’m starting to realise a future without him too, and it terrifies me πŸ™

I really hope so-I hope he realised how much I love him. Tbh I think he knew, but he felt bad because he was so unsure
    Of his feelings due to being a commitaphobe.
    I went on Facebook and saw he’s still listed in a relationship with me…he was on fb like
    3 mins
    Ago and I was so tempted to talk! I’ve hidden everything on my Facebook and unfollowed him πŸ™

lin91
    Participant

I understand. My ex and I went to Africa together last year, and we had plans to go again this year. He’s very independent so I keep imagining him going alone, or even worse taking someone else. Rips my heart out to be honest.

I’m sorry that you’re scared. In a way it must be so much worse for you because you’ve been through this before. Some of us on here are doing NC for the first time and we don’t know at all what could happen, but that opens up the possibility of moving on. For you, that must seem like so much less of a possibility because you know that he could come back again. Just know that we’ll all be here with you along the way!

That’s good, just try and resist the urge to go on his page or look whether he’s online. I always look and I don’t even know why. If he’s online and he’s not talking to me, who is he talking to?! It drives you crazy.

amy111
    Participant

yeah thats very true – I guess in my head (and although it sounds really bad) I keep thinking that because we got back together before then we’ll get back together again? which is a really, really bad way to think and I need to stop thinking like that! πŸ™

Funnilly enough though I was reading a post that I put on here last year about what happened…..and its basically exactly the same story that I have put this year, minus the him not wanting to talk for at least 3 months…..which has been very deja vu/wierd, as he basically said exactly the same stuff as he did this time :S

Yeah, I’m trying. It is horrible isn’t it! i keep thinking well who else would he be talking to?! why would he be talking to someone else?!

I have been uploading photos of me doing different things though, going on days out, seeing other people…so hopefully that might make him think.

Have you heard anything yet from yours?

lin91
    Participant

Yeah that’s tough! So hard not to think that way. I think you’ll get to a good place where your mind isn’t racing around like that, it’ll probably just take you a little bit longer.

How weird… I wonder if he realises that? strange that it’s happened again and he feels the same as he did. Maybe it’s something he has to discover by himself… like he didn’t “find himself” last time and wants to try again. I have no idea!

That’s good – it’s important he sees that you’re going out and having fun and not moping about home on your own.

Nope not a word from him. He’s incredibly headstrong and stubborn so even if he did want to speak to me I reckon he still wouldn’t. That’s why there was absolutely no talking him out of his decision to break up once he’d made it. It’s weird how you can know someone so well and then they do something like that and it completely changes them in your mind.

amy111
    Participant

Yeah that’s what I thought…who knows. Me too, I’m almost close to tears thinking about it! But at the same time it gives me hope that if we’ve got back together before, hopefully we can get back together again? I just don’t know ???

Well if it makes you feel any better, when I contacted mine, he said that he was unsure whether to reply because he thought it was too soon and was too scared-could be a possibility?

lin91
    Participant

Possibly. Only time will tell I guess!

It’s nice to chat about this and air it out. I feel like it really helps to just try and make sense of things, and knowing that others are going through the same!

amy111
    Participant

That’s what I think-talking about it to strangers who are in similar situations is really good. I haven’t told any of my friends or family I want him back-they all hate him with a passion haha. Tbh now I’m just trying to work through being sad about it all πŸ™

I did notice he still has us as in a relationship though (I couldn’t delete it the other day as I cried as soon as I tried haha how lame) so I hid it from public. However, I think he’s just forgotten as if he had changed his mind it would have been mentioned by now I think!

catherine8
    Participant
    • Total Posts: 132

Hi girls, so I started talking to a friend that I haven’t talked to in a while and she just brought up that my ex blocked her on everything. He has blocked 2 of my closest friends and me also, but I never knew he blocked her too.

This made me hurt so much. Right now I just can’t stop crying. I really think I have no chance in ever getting him back, but what hr is doing is just hurting me so much. We never had a bad fall out before our break up, everything was fine. I just don’t understand why hr is being like this.

It just sucks knowing that I miss him so much and he doesn’t even think about me at all. I just feel like 8 months of my life was just wasted and it hurts knowing that.

amy111
    Participant

@catherine8 don’t lose hope πŸ™ although it is horrible, it just means that he cares enough that he doesn’t want to see you because it will upset him. Heck, I almost did it with my ex and his friends!

How long has it been since you started NC?

lin91
    Participant

Hey guys… He responded.. 😐

amy111
    Participant

What does it say??

lin91
    Participant

He started with: “so it’s been hard not to respond.”

In my message I apologised for how I acted during the breakup, and for doing and saying hurtful things. I think he took this as I’ve been out getting with other people (not true) so he started off basically saying that this was none of his business and he is unable to emotionally engage right not, so even if I slept with ten guys it wouldn’t make any difference.

the rest is all hella confusing. he goes on about his own issues and that I never accepted him… then at the end he said “you miss me because you want me to want you. You’re amazing, I’m just not the right dude”

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 788 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.