Boards No Contact Rule 17 days NC

To post a reply login or register

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 788 total)
  • Author
    amy111
    Participant
    • Total Posts: 425

Okay, maybe suggest meeting up for a coffee and a catch up? I find texting conversations you can’t get an actual ‘feel’ as to what they are thinking.

I’ve had another upset today – think its all finally sinking in properly that this isn’t going to be a short 3 month break like last time :'(

lin91
    Participant
    • Total Posts: 120

It was pretty garbled and I think he was quite emotional when he wrote it. I mean, the content wasn’t great but at least he actually responded. It was also at 3am.. I’m taking that as a good thing because a month ago he wouldn’t have replied at all.

I replied quite thoroughly but I’m not sure it was a great idea. I’m going to do NC again for a while, probably another 30 days and see what happens after that.

He said he obviously missed me but he can’t emotionally connect right now, so I think he needs time more than anything.

Why did you get upset today? What triggered it?

amy111
    Participant

Yeh that’s a good idea thinking more about it-another 30 days sounds great!

Ahh sounds so stupid but I went onto Facebook and saw a group that he had joined as its where he is starting work in September. The only person I saw that he had added was a very attractive girl, who had posted a comment on his wall (I know I shouldn’t have looked!) that said “thanks for staying with me last night whilst I waited for my dad, was great getting to know you! Drop me a text sometime, excited to start work in September with you! Xxx”

:'(

lin91
    Participant

that doesn’t sound stupid at all! That’s obviously going to be painful to see.

I mean it’s just a friendly post, but that kinda thing goes round and round in your head and it’s unbearable. That’s why I think maybe you should get rid of Facebook for a while? Only for a few weeks. That’ll ease the tension and it’ll force you to stop looking. After a while you’ll realise you don’t need to check up on him

amy111
    Participant

Yeah I think that’s a good
    Idea…the only reason I’ve kept it so far tbh is because I haven’t had the heart to change our flipping relationship status, and seeing that he still has “in a relationship with Amy….” Still sparks that teeny bit of hope-which is mad!

I have decided I need to do something to take my mind off it though. I’m starting yoga, and am going to try and Set up my own business this summer, as I’m a new teacher I get summer holidays woooo!

amy111
    Participant

I keep posting photos of things I’m doing and people I’m seeing however-as I k ow that when we broke up last time he told me his colleagues at work had to stop him from looking me up on Facebook all the time (I’m trying to play to some of the things he told me last time)

He also told me how he wanted me to contact him last time in the first week, which is specifically why I haven’t…so I hope I’m doing the right thing :/

Prnv09
    Participant
    • Total Posts: 24

Yoga totally helps. Go for it. I do it too. Keeps me saner xD

catherine8
    Participant
    • Total Posts: 132

Today is 50 days. I decided to do another month of no contact because I was not emotionally ready to contact him and I still don’t think I am.

amy111
    Participant

That’s a good idea-stay strong!

catherine8
    Participant
    • Total Posts: 132

I also deleted my social media too. Just seeing everything everyone was doing didn’t make me feel better. It really helps I think, I’ve done it a few times before and not knowing what your ex is doing or seeing what his friends are doing helps your feel better I think.

amy111
    Participant

Yeah I think I need to do that, I haven’t mustered up the courage yet ๐Ÿ™ seeing that he still has me listed as in a relationship with him gives me that horrible bit of hope that I know isn’t real ๐Ÿ™ sucks to be me,

He’s home tomorrow from his hol with his dad and then visiting London before going on his travels-makes me sad knowing he won’t be here for 8 weeks ๐Ÿ™

patricia12
    Participant
    • Total Posts: 2868

This was Kiya92‘s thread before it was hijacked..

lin91
    Participant

Charming.

amy111
    Participant

Patricia12, we include everyone who talks on this? I thought that was the point in these boards? It isn’t hijacking?

amy111
    Participant

I’m sorry kiya92, it wasn’t meant to be a hijack! ?

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 788 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.