Boards No Contact Rule 17 days NC

To post a reply login or register

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 788 total)
  • Author
    Kiya92
    Participant
    • Total Posts: 50

Amy111 i agree with catherine8 i think you should change your status because it honestly might have him thinking dang why she change it and he might start creeping on your page ..and for her to send it i think she did it on purpose.he might have told her to do it..i think you should delete her because if not it might be a constant reminder of him

amy111
    Participant
    • Total Posts: 425

Yeah that’s very true πŸ™ I guess I’m just worried that if I do then I’ll be cutting off a missed opportunity. I was going to email him saying “I realised our relationship is still on Facebook and was going to change it if that’s okay?” Or should I just leave it?
    I’m hopeful that by doing 3 months no contact and getting back together hopefully I can do 5 months and he might still be missing me πŸ™ maybe πŸ™ I hope! :'(

Kiya92
    Participant
    • Total Posts: 50

Girl! Do not ask him for permission!

lin91
    Participant
    • Total Posts: 120

Kiya is right Amy! Keep the control and he’ll know that he has no power over you. He won’t like that!

catherine8
    Participant
    • Total Posts: 132

You don’t want him to have any control. He already has a control over your emotions right now, he doesn’t need anymore.

lin91
    Participant

Exacto

catherine8
    Participant
    • Total Posts: 132

amy111, I know how you are feeling right now. You feel like saying one simple thing to him won’t do any harm, but you don’t want him to have anymore control. Show him you have all the control now.

amy111
    Participant

Ok-will do it when I get home…. Ahh I’m scared, I feel like this is the only connection I have left with him/that if I delete it he’ll get the wrong impression and think I don’t want to be with him πŸ™

Thank you for all this btw everyone – I forget how supportive everyone is on here sometimes Nd it’s such a relief-it’s like my secret page haha!

lin91
    Participant

That’s what Kevin would call your ‘lizard brain talking’
    Ie: the part of your brain that’s scared of change
    But change is going to help you! πŸ™‚

amy111
    Participant

Yeah that’s very true…. Okay, eek! Kevinyou better get me back with my ex after all this pain and worrying! ?

I hope it works :S 10 days no contact down-4 months to go :'( how are you so far?

lin91
    Participant

I’m fine. I was feeling good about myself and my 30 days of NC has been over for a while, so I sent my ex the ‘you were right to break up/ we both need space right now’ message. I didn’t write a letter because I don’t know where he’s living at the minute so I just sent him a message. He hasn’t replied though. Not sure if that’s a bad thing or not… if someone sent me that I think I would have at least replied to agree? I don’t know.

amy111
    Participant

When did you send it? When I last got back together with mine last year, he said he was very close not to replying to me because he was still hurting-could possibly be he’s thinking about the consequences of replying and maybe it scares him that he still feels vulnerable to you?

lin91
    Participant

It was this week, 3 days ago. Yeah, I’m trying to push away the idea that he’s not replying to me because he hates me! I figure that he would have unfriended or blocked me if that was the case (it was a fb message).

I think he’s hurting because I know the breakup wasn’t easy for him either. I’m going to give it at least another month before I reach out again. He needs to know I’ve changed, and he needs to think about what went wrong too.

I guess I thought it was just a good passing note to say that I’m okay, and I’m not angry and I hope he’s doing well. At least that way he knows I’m not resentful after a month of NC.

amy111
    Participant

I completely get that-you never know, it might just take a bit of time now.

I’ve already thought of a date in going to end NC haha, the weekend after my birthday in mid November. It’s over 3 months (like he requested) but no more than 5 months…it’s going to be a loooong slog :'(

lin91
    Participant

Maybe! Definitely just have to stand my ground and not message again until the timing is right.

Yeah, that’s a good idea. Any reason why you want to use that date in particular? Do you think he’ll probably reach out to you on your birthday?

I’ve given myself until the end of the year to try and get him back. If by then I have made no progress, it’s time to cut my losses forever.

Yeah it will be a long slog but also in a weird way it’s not that long. In your lifetime it’s a tiny amount. If you think you’ll be together forever afterwards then its definitely worth it!

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 788 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.