Boards No Contact Rule 17 days NC

To post a reply login or register

Viewing 15 posts - 691 through 705 (of 788 total)
  • Author
    amy111
    Participant
    • Total Posts: 425

I’m ok fishingthesky, the new job and everything is really nice and a great distracting. However, my ex liked a picture of us in Bangkok from 2014-right at the bottom of my Instagram account…and seeing as I have around 800 posts, he must have scrolled through a lot.

I don’t know, Screwed with my mind a bit. He’s coming home Wednesday, and his friends have left from his tour, so he is in Central America on his own until he leaves…I don’t know I feel so wierd about it ?

catherine8
    Participant
    • Total Posts: 132

Amy, he was probably curious to see what you have been up to since his will be back soon. Like we said a while ago his mind wasn’t going to be on you as much as he is on yours since he is on vacation. But he can’t run from his problems anymore. Just don’t try to over think it like I did when my ex requested to follow me and then unrequested it. I thought he did it so I could see his profile picture of him and his new girlfriend so I could get the hint.

It’s not going to do any good for us to sit and wonder about why they did such weird things. At least you know he scrolled through about 800 photos lol.

amy111
    Participant

Hahaha yeh that’s true catherine8! I’m trying hard not to think about it. I think because I’ve recently realised that I don’t want to talk to him AT ALL seeing that made my heart sink 🙁 I’ve realised that the emotion that was between us when we were breaking up was way way too much and very intense…I think for both of our sakes we wont want to talk or see each other for a while….but I do still really want him back. Ugh how annoying!

But no, I won’t read into the “like” 🙂

FishingTheSky
    Participant
    • Total Posts: 176

I am glad things are going well amy111. That’s right don’t read much into that stuff!
    You gotta watch out though because there is the possibility that when he’s back from vacation he’s gonna contact you, not because he realized he can’t run from problems anymore, most likely because he wants to get in his comfort zone again, aka having the old and devoted girlfriend around who’s taking him back. This is what I am a little afraid too actually: when/if my ex’s new affair ends or is in crisis, she might reach out to me just for having someone who’s there for her, I am not sure I want it like that

amy111
    Participant

Exactly fishingthesky-I just don’t want or need that kind of thing At the moment-I guess it just threw me and made me think he was thinking about me. Every time I think of the unthoughtful things he did to me, how he chose his friend over me to go on holiday, how he was too immature to say I love you because he was too scared after four years and “didn’t know what love was”, how he wouldn’t ring me more than once a week becausee it was “lame” and “why are you ringing again we only spoke two days ago!” And how he wouldn’t even come and see me in my marathon because he thought he would be too busy (3 months in advance I asked!) I’ve realised that i was treated horrendously by him…and although I still love him completely, I can’t be with someone who doesn’t show me that love and kindness back 🙁 thing I always outweighed the small nice things he did and it made me forget the rest 🙁 I think the deep, deep hurt of the last 2 years being like this has cut me so deep now and it’s just kicking in 🙁

amy111
    Participant

Also…. Funillu enough though, I liked a post earlier that evening that said “you try;he doesn’t. You try harder;he drifts further. You can’t keep things that don’t deserve to stay. You can’t find love in a man who lacks the confidence to love you”

Maybe this was a reaction? I know he likes to look on what other people like on Instagram haha!

FishingTheSky
    Participant

I just wish I could see my ex again before saying goodbye, but I can’t and it’s tremendously unfair. It’s hitting me like a brick on the face today. How is it possible to disintegrate five years together with someone in a couple months? Completely oblivious to his existence. If something happens to me, she would never know.

amy111
    Participant

Rough day today. Knowing he’s back has made me very upset 🙁 cried at work! So embarissing

Pingpong
    Participant
    • Total Posts: 51

Hi guys and gals. I have been reading and love the group that y’all have and how inspiring and helpful you guys are to each other and would love some input from you guys. I will eventually post my story up for you all to read soon.

But is it normal for my ex to still wear a promise ring I got her? We were together for over 6 years. She posted some photos up and I noticed she still wears the ring I got her. Been broken up for over a month. Before we had a big fight like a year or so back, and she got really mad and took off the ring but when we made up she put it back on. Must I add that when we broke up, it wasn’t due to an argument but I guess mutual thing, that we needed some time apart to love each other more.. If that makes sense to y’all.. Been doing NC for about 21 days, but she does text me, but I respond briefly as talking to her just hurts. She did message me saying she miss what we had, but I responded saying I need more time, as I want to become a better me, as I want the best for her (this was like 10 days into NC) I want to get back together but not sure if she’s ready. Since it was her idea for the break up, I assume I should let her come forth instead of me trying to put the pieces back. I didn’t beg for her back as when break up happened, I luckily found Kevin’s guide and got to work on it right away.

Thanks for your input. Very much appreciate it.

Soupy
    Participant
    • Total Posts: 73

I’m sorry to hear that Amy. I know just how u feel though, as it was so much easier when they are gone to move forward. I can’t say that I’m surprised the emotions are flooding in. Besides him coming home, The simplest social media things set the mind on fire. As I can guess it has yours with your posts. But just know his vacation from life is almost over, so u can bet he will have to finally gave his reality in all of this too. I hope tomorrow/today is a much bette r day for u

FishingTheSky
    Participant

amy111,
    It actually happened to me a couple times too at work, one time I was alone in the office, second one I just started to cry in front of a colleague who was kindly understanding and didn’t judge me at all. We are going to have these emotional moments for a while even when we are in a better place. Whatever feeling you have inside, you need to let it out: if you are mad or sad, go and look for a private spot where you can scream or cry when you have the chance. You need to bring all out and you will immediately be relieved.
    For what it counts, I send you a big hug to you. This too shall pass.

FishingTheSky
    Participant

Hey Pingpong,
    Your ex wearing your ring is surely a sign she still wants you by her side.
    It’s a good move to hold back for a while and re evaluate yourself and the relationship, that gives you the opportunity to improve and develop a new approach to the matter. Because the point is not just being back with our exes, but rather having a 2.0 relationship with them so it can last.
    Don’t wait for her to make the first step if you feel you are ready to work things out, put aside the pride and contact her, she would appreciate it. Don’t assume she is going to be around only because she told you she missed what you two had, you can be surprised how quickly women can change their minds when they get frustrated with waiting and uncertainty. Set an amount of time you need in your head but don’t make it too long.

Good luck and best wishes

DAYTONA
    Participant
    • Total Posts: 14

amy111
    Completely normal. I am a bloke with loads of tattoos and work in a motorcycle shop and I have had to have a little cry in the bathroom a few times in the past couple of months. it happens and its best to let it out.

amy111
    Participant

Thanks everyone ❤️❤️ I feel a bit better now I guess which is okay.

I think the “like” on Instagram threw me. I know it probably doesn’t mean much, but knowing he was looking at it made it worse. He’s in London staying at his dad’s tonight too, which is half an hour from me-which again knowing that isn’t helping! NBut I’m ignoring it and doing my work for a bit 🙂

Pingpong
    Participant
    • Total Posts: 51

Thanks for your input fishingthesky.
    It is great to hear from others as sometimes we are trapped and its hard to think outside the box and don’t see a different point of view. I hope you’re doing well and hope that the letter you plan I send to your ex opens a new vista for you and your ex.

As for me, my ex and I have a upcoming dinner over the weekend. You are right, and I probably should make a move. I have thought about it countless times but I feel I am ready. My problem before was that I was too much focused on phone,games, and running my own business (I was money hungry) and I also worked a full time job on top, didn’t focus much on her. But being away from her I pretty much stopped my business. As my full time job salary is more than enough and I have deleted all social media apps, games, etc. Pretty much just focusing on myself. Been creating a better me (Ver 2.0). All I really want now is to put all my attention to her, and build a future as we have been together since highschool.

I hope everyone else is doing good, as I know some days it’ll be total hell, or just a walk in the park.

Viewing 15 posts - 691 through 705 (of 788 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.