Boards No Contact Rule 17 days NC

To post a reply login or register

Viewing 15 posts - 706 through 720 (of 788 total)
  • Author
    FishingTheSky
    Participant
    • Total Posts: 176

Hey Pingpong,
    Glad to help. I wish you the best luck with your ex and it’s great you’ve had a change of heart and finally realized what it is really important in your life. No money, absolutely nothing material can compare to how a woman can make us feel and what she can give us.
    Let us know how the date went.

Regarding my case, well it’s definitely almost a hopeless case after five years we have tried. I am in the “letting go process”, where I am letting all the negatives feelings about this relationship go and accept things as they are. I am not giving up on her but I can’t force anything, at the moment it’s not meant to be.

catherine8
    Participant
    • Total Posts: 132

Hi everyone, so the strangest thing just happened to me. I posted a picture earlier of myself and a friend of my ex commented on it saying I looked beautiful and and hour later he deleted the comment. Other friends of my ex liked the picture before the comment was deleted. I don’t want to over think anything, but do you think someone must’ve said something to my ex about it and it made him say something to his friend about the comment to make him delete it? It’s just very strange that this happened it makes me feel sad sort of.

Palmtrees22
    Participant
    • Total Posts: 157

Catherine,

I think it’s more likely that your ex’s friend put that on there and then felt weird about it and took it down before his friend (your ex) saw it. Either way, I hope you don’t feel sad– someone called you attractive and either that made your ex feel jealous or someone worried that it would. These all say positive things about you.

Amy,

Any more reach outs from your ex? I’d be surprised if you didn’t hear within the first few weeks of him being back. Either way, just keep plugging forward and you’ll start to feel better I promise.

catherine8
    Participant

Thanks for making me feel somewhat more positive. It’s silly for me to feel sad when someone called me attractive. I’m just trying to not over think it and just continue on like it didn’t happen.

Pingpong
    Participant
    • Total Posts: 51

Absoutely FishingTheSky, i have made a huge change in my life because of her. Money is no longer important to me at all and I am pretty happy now that i did. I have gotten a lot of time to improve myself because of it, and think about what i truely want in my life and future. Youre so right, there is nothing to compare to what a woman can do for us, but we all learn from our mistakes and hopefully we all get another chance at redemption. I too was in a similar position as you Fishingthesky, I don’t want to give up on my ex either but i know we cant force her to love us. It all depends on them. But eventually, the tables will turn for us. Keep strong brother. I will absoutely let everyone know about how my date will go. There are multiple scenarios that i run through my head on what i want to do but heck, ill just wing it, show her my new ver 2.0 me.

Hi catherine8,
    from my point of view, i believe he still has feelings for you as i did that with my ex before, and i deleted it right away after posting. I dont think it was his friends that made him delete it but maybe his own part. Before i would rpely a text to me ex, and regret sending it, and if i could get it back and delete it, i wouldve. Reason me for deleting was because i wanted to have the upperhand. I wanted her to contact me first, etc.

catherine8
    Participant

Hi Pingpong, I’m not sure if he does have feelings for me anymore. He is in a new relationship now after 3 months. I wished him a happy birthday towards the end of August and he responded with “who is this”. I told him it was me and got no response. The next day I woke up to a notification on my Instagram saying I had one new follower request and it was him, but soon as I refreshed the page it disappeared. His profile picture was of him and his current girlfriend.

Just wanted to give a little background story if you didn’t know much about my situation.

amy111
    Participant
    • Total Posts: 425

Hiya Palmtrees!

Nope, nothing yet since he got bCk, or since that “like” on the picture of a group of us in Bangkok. I still find that very wierd…but I’m not dwelling on it. There Re too many factors now which make me dislike him a lot, and the lies he fed me before saying how much he wanted to better himself and not get with other people were completely false, as he very much splattered that he was on Facebook…I don’t need that negativity in my life anymore! ??

amy111
    Participant

(How everyone, I do still really, really miss him ๐Ÿ™ and love him ๐Ÿ™ )

FishingTheSky
    Participant

Ok guys I want to tell you something that I consider very important at this stage of recovery/improvement.
    The worst phase post breakup is over and despite we still have our relapses, we are definitely more lucid. Now you need to stay true to yourself, this means being coherent.
    Saying “I hate what he/she’s done, I don’t like him/her anymore etc…but I still miss him/her, want him/her back etc.” is contradictory and unproductive. Wanting the person back even if you say you don’t accept the way she/he is, is not the right input to rebuild a healthy relationship. If you want a clean slate, you don’t have to accept and be content with what you are not satisfied with just because you are afraid to lose him/her or ideally think he/she was the only one for you. Wrong. You can aspire for better.

catherine8
    Participant

I think what FishingTheSky said was pretty spot on.

This is pretty random and probably doesn’t mean anything really. Yesterday my friends and I went to a football game and I as definitely expecting my ex to be there. About 15 minutes later he shows up and goes up the stands to where his friends are. They were more towards the bottom of the stands. My friends and I caught my ex turning around and looking back quite a few times. It actually made my friends really mad and I had to keep them from saying something as I don’t want to cause anything.

I’ve been just really wanting to tell you all about it. It feels good to get things off my chest, even if it is just my ex looking at me a few times. His girlfriend didn’t show but she does attend a different school so I wasn’t surprised. I’m just hoping I don’t ever see them together in person or it will really hurt.

catherine8
    Participant

Palmtrees, and FishingTheSky any new updates?

FishingTheSky
    Participant

No catherine8, my ex seems to be really committed to her silence. Don’t wanna make wrong assumptions but I’m prone to think that what’s left in her heart about me is only resentment and indifference. I’d love to be proved otherwise.
    I am writing a long come-clean note which was meant to be for myself initially but I realize I could actually send it to her, for letting her know whatever remained untold/unexplained, since I don’t have the opportunity to meet/talk to her (she lives in another country now). It would be a risk because I might ruin my weak chances with her but
    frankly I have nothing to lose at this point, I am ready to let her go.
    My goodbye letter is finished, waiting to be sent anytime

Not surprised he kept looking at you catherine8, I would have done the same if I saw my ex was sitting in the same area. You can vent anytime you want here.

amy111
    Participant

So I decided to actually GO OUT on a date tonight, not just speak to someone on a dating app…

Wierdly enough, it was quite fun. We chatted, ate nice food…and he was really mature for his age, compared to my ex anyway. What this has made me realise though is that “spark” just wasn’t there…which I guess I always noticed with my ex. The date was fun but made me realise I am still hopelessly in love with my ex still ๐Ÿ™ which is sad. I’m still clinging to hope that the like he did on Instagram means he misses me. Our best friend also got engaged too yesterday, she put it in Facebook( she had got together th same time my ex and I had) and it made me so sad. We both liked it, and yeah…it’s made me feel all wierd really ;(

FishingTheSky
    Participant

Hey amy111,
    Welcome to the club lol…This is why I am so skeptical about dating other people when you are still emotionally involved with your ex. I’ve mentioned in an earlier post that I had a date too and it was pleasant indeed, but as you said, it’s extremely rare to have that “spark” again. This girl keeps hinting that she would like to hang out more with me despite I have been pretty straightforward with her about my situation, but I really can’t yet.
    Some weeks ago I thought about how different my ex’s spirit must have been when she decided to see this new guy compared to mine during my date and it made me feel embittered.
    Stop focusing on that Instagram thing amy, it’s only hurtful. Even if he misses you, he has made his choice and time will tell him if it’s the right one.

Cheer up!

Palmtrees22
    Participant
    • Total Posts: 157

My update–

After my ex started reaching out to me despite the fact that I told him I had no interest in being friends, we continued talking. I am pretty sure it is his hope (based on his past actions) that he has this idea that we can slowly start talking about and then move forward. However, it makes me feel used and I don’t like it. I got a little frustrated with him one night– which was bound to happen. A few days later I told him that I got frustrated because I can’t be friends with him, we need to either be moving slowly forward or not talking. He said he thought my frustrations were an example of how things would not be any better. My thoughts (I’m a pretty self-aware person) are that if I weren’t in this confusing “friendship” to begin with there would have been no issue. At the end I asked him to not talk to me anymore unless he wants to move forward. THE NEXT DAY he texted me about a change at our favorite coffee spot. I told him his next text about coffee better be for a date. It’s pretty clear he does not take my requests seriously (in part my fault) and I am also positive he really does want to “slowly” work things out, but I can’t do it that way, it brings out a side in me that I do not like. He’s not ready to do things my way, so we are at an impasse.

Going on a second date with this other guy this morning, hiking and breakfast– wish me luck.

Viewing 15 posts - 706 through 720 (of 788 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.