Boards No Contact Rule 17 days NC

To post a reply login or register

Viewing 15 posts - 451 through 465 (of 788 total)
  • Author
    Palmtrees22
    Participant
    • Total Posts: 157

As open as I am to the idea of moving on, I find myself canceling dates– not so much because of him but because I’d rather do the things I need/want to do than go out with a stranger. I can’t tell if I should be worried or if it says good things about my independence

catherine8
    Participant
    • Total Posts: 132

Yeah, I’m with you on that Palmtrees. I’m just not really interested in going out on dates. I just feel like I’d rather do things with my friends and family. I’ve had 2 wanting to go out on a date with me, but I just kindly cancelled. I’m not sure if it is because of my ex or not, but I’m just really not interested in anyone right now.

amy111
    Participant
    • Total Posts: 425

Yeah I think it all depends on how your feeling, after this breAk up my confidence was completely shot-it was already bad beforehand with my ex, but when I was dumped a second time I literally felt like I must be the most unattractive or unappealing person ever ๐Ÿ™ for me the going out on a date is helping me with my confidence and showing me other people do find me attractive and that I might not end up a crazy cat lady :p

But I have to admit I wouldn’t say I’m interested in these guys-I’m doing it for myself (which is a bit mean I guess but it’s about time I was selfish :p)

Have you guys got anything exciting/fun planned over the next few weeks? ๐Ÿ˜€

Palmtrees22
    Participant

Totally. The confidence boost is great and sometimes it’s when you’re not really looking for someone that you find them.

Next weekend a bunch of my friends and I are going to a small mountain town to celebrate one of our friend’s birthday’s and then I have a big race in Colorado in two weeks so those two trips will be good distractions– although tough because the type of stuff he and I would have done together.

What about you guys?

Drygioni
    Participant
    • Total Posts: 5

As I mentioned in a previous post I met somebody completely randomly a few weeks ago and we’ll be meeting again for the fourth time this week. It was very unexpected but I’m happy with the boost and confidence that it has given me, and has helped lift me out of the dark place that I found myself in following the shock split with my ex. Its early days of course but I have a good feeling about this new lady.

I always think that people come into your life for a reason. This can be for the short or long term and its not always apparent why these things happen; sometimes these things become clearer with time.

From reading the other posters messages/thoughts it seems that there is quite a large age range on here and as such peoples needs/hopes/desires vary widely depending on where they are at in their life. As for me I’m in my early 40s, never been married and have no children and feel a little out of place as I see all my friends either marry and or start having families. Was hopeful that those things would come to fruition with my ex.

FishingTheSky
    Participant
    • Total Posts: 176

I am really having dark thoughts today, it’s my ex’s birthday and I am in the wrong place.

catherine8
    Participant
    • Total Posts: 132

FishingTheSky, what’s wrong?

lin91
    Participant
    • Total Posts: 120

๐Ÿ™ what’s getting you down?

FishingTheSky
    Participant

Just really down and I feel impotent today. I wish I was celebrating my ex’s birthday with her.

Palmtrees22
    Participant

Is there anyone you can go spend time with? Sometimes getting out and around other people is the hardest thing to force yourself to do, but it almost always helps– at least the time passes more quickly!

FishingTheSky
    Participant

Was with friends all yesterday till late night. Was busy with stuff half today not to think about it, but when I stopped, the “armor” just broke down.

FishingTheSky
    Participant

Should ask Kevin if the site could also offer a real time chat to discuss about these topics with users, besides the posts sections. It would be cool.

lin91
    Participant
    • Total Posts: 120

So annoying when you’ve had a good evening and then all the bad thoughts come back when you’re alone, isn’t it?

I recommend reading. I find it more encapsulating than simply watching Netflix or whatever.

FishingTheSky
    Participant

Exactly lin91. I read enough stuff for my work, I would like to take a break on week ends at least lol. Watching tv doesn’t distract me enough because my mind keeps running in background, I am already a series fan.

Palmtrees22
    Participant

I’m sorry you’re having a tough day, Fishing. I’m kind of there too because he keeps texting me about random things and it makes me eager for more… Reaching out to ya’ll or helping when I can helps me a lot too, so thank you all.

Viewing 15 posts - 451 through 465 (of 788 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.