Boards No Contact Rule 17 days NC

To post a reply login or register

Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 788 total)
  • Author
    Palmtrees22
    Participant
    • Total Posts: 157

No, he’d only know if he tries to send one to you directly. I think it’s better to go a little dark– less posts makes people more curious about what you’re doing

amy111
    Participant
    • Total Posts: 425

Yeah thats very true – Ok its done! All blocked. I will also try going a bit quiet. I have been putting up lots of pictures of me with friends, showing I am keeping busy and not moping e.t.c

lin91
    Participant
    • Total Posts: 120

That’s good. Well done! Get rid of temptation completely. πŸ™‚

Ah I think it’s a good idea to stay quiet for a bit too. He’s already seen you having fun. Now he will see you go quiet and he’ll wonder who it is that’s taking up all your time! You’re so busy with something that you don’t have time to post at all!

It’ll make his head spin

Palmtrees22
    Participant

I am over thinking so hard after that single contact and want to break NC again…

amy111
    Participant

I get you soupy but don’t do it! You’ve come so far.

This is going to sound super wierd, but when is the worst time of day for you and how do you all get through it? Mine is first thing in the morning-I wake up with a physical ache in my chest πŸ™

catherine8
    Participant
    • Total Posts: 132

I’d say the worst time for me is in the morning also or really late at night. I really don’t know how I get through it, I just face the truth that we aren’t together anymore and maybe one day we could get back together again.

I think the morning is more bad than layer at night though. I know this will sound weird, but just yesterday I had this dream that my ex and I weren’t together at all and then we ran into each other and decided to get back together. When I woke up it all just felt so weird and to realize that none of it actually happened really hurts.

amy111
    Participant

catherine8 I feel ya. I wake up and realise that Im not with him and its super upsetting πŸ™ But Its almost a month since my ex broke up with me – time has gone so quickly! it scares me!

Kiya92
    Participant
    • Total Posts: 50

Id say mines is in the morning. Not getting a good morning from him sucks alot..it gets to the point where i wonder if hes sending them to someone else..it makes me sad :(..

amy111
    Participant

Yeah I can understand that.

I mentioned in a post earlier about how my ex had something with a girl (who is now a mutual friend) before me, but it never amounted to anything because of his poor communication back then.

Turns out he’s been messaging her and speaking to her quite a bit apparently πŸ™ feeling really crappy! Luckily he’s away for the next 2 months…but i feel so betrayed/nervous! πŸ™

lin91
    Participant

It never amounted to anything for a reason. They’re probably just friends, I wouldn’t worry about it. His communication clearly hasn’t improved, so I doubt she would want to go there with him anyway. Especially so soon after a break up. No-one wants to be a rebound girl

Palmtrees22
    Participant

Amy,

I really don’t think you need to worry about this girl. Lin is right, if things did not work out there was a reason. I think I already mentioned my ex did something similar. It really bothered me at the time but I think making an effort with a girl he didn’t like that much pushed him toward me. The space is a GOOD thing.

I ended up getting another text last night apologizing for the loss in contact and we spent about four hours going back and forth catching up. I was really glad I had taken the time to put myself in a better place and that he didn’t know everything Id been doing bc of social media. I can tell he really misses me, but trying not to get ahead of myself here. I hope this gives you some encouragement to keep going. You’re doing SO well but you need to have a little more confidence in the process, you’re going to be fine!

amy111
    Participant

Yeah-that’s very true. Fingers crossed hey πŸ™ I think what’s getting to me is for the first month of his work his offices are where she is :'( ahhhh :/ I am friends with her however too (I met her through him!)….and I’m going up there for a conference in a few weeks. Should I ask her if she wants to meet up for a coffee?

Palmtrees22
    Participant

No. I think you should stop talking to any mutual friends while he is gone if you can. These touches of contact are all getting back to him and aren’t going to make you look great in his eyes. It’s hard but I promise you’ll be happier if you let go a bit

lin91
    Participant

I wouldn’t – it’ll look like you’re checking up on him, because he will find out.

Drygioni
    Participant
    • Total Posts: 5

Sorry for butting into this thread but I think for me that their is no worst time of day, as that person is forever popping into your thoughts.

To me its that sense of nothingness as though somebody has just turned off a light switch. I find that its a weird sensation to get your head around!

Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 788 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.