Boards Reconciliation 7 weeks NC-what now?

To post a reply login or register

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    amy111
    Participant
    • Total Posts: 425

Im a little bit stuck at the moment. Its been almost 7 weeks of not talking to my ex but Ive stayed close friends with his sister. As a background, breakup was out of no where, we were together for 3 years, never argued, best friends before and during-but we broke up because he “wanted to be single, 3years was too serious at our age, doesn’t want to be with the same person now that he’ll be with when he gets married….it was kind of a grass is greener syndrome I think?!

well, i was round at his sisters todya, and she told me he had been texting a friend about me.

Apparently, his friend had said to him “did you know amy had met up with your sister?! have you guys made up?”

obviously my ex had replied, and his friend had replied back saying a “nah its cool forget about it. You down about the lack of girls?”

Obviously I don’t know what he wrote as it’s just from what his sis told me as she saw him yesterday- But now I dont know what to make of this!! I like the fact it said “lack of girls” though!!

but now what? Im really tempted to contact now! his sister said she would tell me if anything else is said….

Should I strike whilst the iron is hot? I’m hoping that the “grass ISNT greener” truth might be taking affect, in which case this would be a great time to contact!

KD1988
    Participant
    • Total Posts: 750

@amy111

Hi Amy!
    I’ve read your post and other comments that you have made and I think you’ve done really well not contacting him for 7 weeks. I know you were going to make contact weren’t you but you got scared to? lol.

I would say it is a good time to contact him now. Strike while the iron is hot indeed!

amy111
    Participant

KD1988

Thanks so much. Yes! I got really scared 🙁 mainly because his sister told me that if I had contacted him it would have scared him off because he thought that it would have made me think we would be be geting back together (hes a bit cocky haha).

I’m s scared it will be awkward when I see him though! there was so much love between us and even after 7 weeks of not talking or seeing him i feel like its going to come flooding back! maybe not for him (definaetly not for him!) but i know it will for me, and thats whats scary :S

KD1988
    Participant

@Amy111 I think all our exes would think that to be fair lol not just him being cocky. The only way you can prove that is by asking to meet him and showing him when you meet that you are ok without him and he will suddenly wonder why you don’t wanna be with him.
    You may surprise yourself, of course there will be feelings when you see each other, but you may be surprised how much you can control them. 7 weeks is a long time to be NC and gaining control of your emotions 🙂

amy111
    Participant

very true 🙂

Okay, I;ll bite the bullet – eek!

He’s at work at the moment, but will text him when he finishes (and ill post on here to see if he replies! :S)

KD1988
    Participant

good luck!!!

I’m on kik (Smileyk88) if you want to chat about it at any time.

do you know what you are going to say?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.