Boards No Contact Rule 4 days of no contact

To post a reply login or register

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    princesa
    Participant
    • Total Posts: 13

Hi:)
    it doesnt get easier!
    I just started this NC thing and it is so dificult. I constantly think about him. I cannot do anything else besides obsessing over him. I feel like im not gonna make it through 30 days, let alone move on completly.
    I feel like im losing a part of me, my best friend, soul mate, lover. It is so hard to stay away from him. For more than two years we talked every single day for hours. I need him in my life. I lost all hope that i can win him back. Why do the 30 days, if it wont work i ask myself. The whole situation seems hopless. Wont he just forgot all about me and be happier that im not bothering him wiht text messages and calls? Isnt that just false hope and will get hurt again?
    Please help. Some advice. Anyone.

maebe
    Participant
    • Total Posts: 51

I completely understand, I feel the same way, like a part of me is missing when my ex isn’t in my life.

How was your last conversations with him? Has he been wanting to continue talking? Did he ignore you? Did you beg etc?

princesa
    Participant

Oh last conversation was awful. We talked on the phone. He said to me that he doesnt know what to do about us. I was trying to convince him that he should give us a second chance. He said he loved me but that he feels that we cannot go back. Once it is done is done. He said he needs time and that he doesnt want to give me false hope and that i should just move on and we can be friends when im ready. At first he said he will call me the next day, but i got really upset by all his words and started to cry so he said he wount call me because he doesnt want to torture me like this anymore. And then i just hung up. 🙁
    He still cares about me but i dont know… im afraid that he wont contact me again.
    I really dont know what to do. I know i should give him time but im afraid we will just become more and more distant.:(

maebe
    Participant
    • Total Posts: 51

I felt the same, but once they’ve made up their minds, there is no convincing them! Do not contact him until 30 days or however long it takes you to feel more stable and better about yourself. Yes, you guys will become more distant, but it has to happen. Trying to reason with him will only push him away further, so the only option is NC. I know it sucks, I don’t want this to happen either… But it has. Our only chance is to get ourselves together so when we do initiate contact again, we seem more appealing. Follow the steps, sign up for the emails too. Once you’re ready, try out the false friendship, that is my plan. Yes, you guys won’t be as close, it’ll feel weird, but that is all you have going for you. He needs time to forget the negativity surrounding the break up. He will still miss you after a month! Have hope. Nothing is for sure, but all we can do is try.

princesa
    Participant

Thank you so much for your answer.:)

Whispy
    Participant
    • Total Posts: 1

Hey there!
    I know how you feel, I felt the same way, but you gotta get through it. It’s hard and feels impossible, but now it might only make things worse. You both need time to think, and don’t worry, it will get easier over time.
    You have to try and distract yourself. Go out, call some friends, maybe even meet up with some old ones and just go have fun.
    Today was exactly a month ago my ex broke up with me and I started the NC the next day, it was hard, but I made it through.
    Today he got the (really nice) letter I wrote to him and he contacted me, asking if I wanted to meet up to talk.
    So don’t give up hoping just yet, but give it some time.
    You can do it, I believe in you!

princesa
    Participant

Thank you so much for your feedback!:)

The thing is that my ex has to work 10 to 12 hours per day at the moment so he can pay for college next year… he is tired all the time and probably doesnt even have time to miss me or think about me… im a bit sceptical that no contact will work in my case.
    I wrote about my break up on the board: he is the one
    Any comment what so ever is very welcome.:)

Thank you, good luck to you too.:)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.