Boards No Contact Rule 30 days too long in short relationship?

To post a reply login or register

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    firedre
    Participant
    • Total Posts: 2

What if the relationship was only 3 months and the negativity was only a week ?then you still do nc for 30 days .I know our few months were real great and the last few days really sucked but 30 days seems long.I’m sure she’s thinking about me now but she’ll get over it no ?

Torma
    Participant
    • Total Posts: 19

Hey, I’m in quite a similar situation. Our relationship lasted for 3 months, we were quite happy with each other, but things went wrong in our last week and she broke up. After that, I’ve been trying to keep in touch with her, hoping if we meet, chat, she’ll be reminded of the good sides of our relationship, and she would probably return. But this isn’t what happened. She knew I was hoping to get her back, and it annoyed her. I think I was needy, and it pushed her farther from me. Probably it would have been better if I did No Contact.

The other thing to consider, how much likely it is that she would get a new boyfriend while you’re on NC. My ex said she doesn’t want a relationship, so I find it unlikely that she would get someone else in my absence. If you also find it unlikely that your ex would find someone else, I think you have nothing to lose with No Contact.

Personally, I think 30 days is not too long, even if your relationship was short – I don’t think she would completely forget about you during that time, but it gives her quite enough time to miss you.

firedre
    Participant
    • Total Posts: 2

I kind of bugged her about it for a day or 2 and now I’ve done no contact for about 4 days but I figured 2-3 weeks would be more appropriate given the situation. I don’t want her to think I don’t care either

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.