Boards Reconciliation 24 days into NC and can’t get my head around it

To post a reply login or register

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Juan10
    Participant
    • Total Posts: 57

I don’t know. U dont have a close friend hes comfortable with and talking about it??? Ive never been in a situation about moving in to see how it goes

pineappleblue
    Participant
    • Total Posts: 257

We’ve got lots of very close mutual friends! That’s how we met.. But he hasn’t come home (he lives away) since so hasn’t opened up to anyone! It’s like he’s isolating himself..

Juan10
    Participant

U should have someone get a hold of him n see hows he doing n stuff. Maybe he opens up

pineappleblue
    Participant

I will ask his mum tomorrow to see if he is okay and if he has opened up to her at all.. Although I doubt it! He’s not the sharing emotions type!

Juan10
    Participant

Thats what sucks no one to give a little feed back on their end. I domt have it either so its hard to see where we actually stand

Heypeezer
    Participant
    • Total Posts: 1

Hey there,

Wow this seems very similar to me and I am only 6 days into my ‘break’ / breakup. I was together with my girlfriend for 6 years. However we already lived together and the commitment was already there. Last year we decided to sell up our flat and go travelling for up to a year. A week before we were set to leave (last Sunday!) she tells me she wants to break up. This then fizzled out into being more of a break.
    I was inclined to sign up on this site purely to let you know that you are not alone on this.
    I am unbelievably heart broken and she tells me she wants space. Which is why I have resulted to this website in order to give me any kind of insight of how to deal with this!
    As I am a recent sufferer I cannot tell you how things will pan out as I’m going through the same thing. It is absolutely awful and I’ve had some dark days. Just remember that you are not on your own on this one and this site is a good thing. Talking to your friends too much about it can be hard sometimes so speak to people on here who can relate!
    Just so you’re aware as well, I have gone travelling on my own and it isn’t as easy as people say it will be. My mind is on her 24/7 so everything you are going through is so so normal. I hope things get better for you ! X

pineappleblue
    Participant

Yes it does suck! I wish someone would tell me how he actually is! He’s in the forces so he’s away a lot of the time and I don’t know any of his friends from there close enough to ask them without them thinking I’m being a stalker!

@heypeezer
    wow that really is awful! Well done you for going travelling anyway, it will have been a hard decision to make but definitely the right one! Did she also to travelling alone?
    You are right about friends too, I feel like a broken record and all I want is them to tell me he’s coming back which they won’t, quite rightly coz they don’t know! This site has been really amazing for me in the last couple of days.. Even just writing all my feelings down makes a small difference! Do feel you can do the same 🙂 it’s a good support network for sure! x

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.